Technical Diving : The PADI Tec Trimix 65 course.
Going beyond 50 or 55 meters on air is dangerous due to the effect of the nitrogen narcosis, so to go deeper you need to use a mix of gas containing a proportion of a lighter inert gas (helium) to replace the nitrogen and its effect at deeper depth (like the narcosis).
This blended mix is called trimix (a mixture of 3 gases composed of O2 - He2 - N2 = Oxygen - Helium - Nitrogen).
The Tec 65 "normoxic" course is the first step to dive deeper but safer.
The "normoxic" annotation, historically, was because the gas is breathable at the surface (down to 16% of oxygen content). Nowadays (and depending the diving agency certification) the "normoxic" notation means "normal amount of oxygen", which is between 21%, like on the surface, down to 18% O2 max (breathable on the surface and giving a reasonable PPO2 of 1.4 at 67 meters).
During your Tec65 course you will go to a maximum depth of 65 meters (210 feet).
Where to learn the PADI tec trimix course?
All trimix courses (open circuit as well as closed circuit) are given at our Scotty's dive center headquarters in Mactan, Cebu province.
You can use a sidemount gear during this course if you are qualified for.
To enroll the tec trimix 65 classes, you need:
- To be at least 18 years old.
- To be a PADI tec 50 diver or equivalent.
- To have at least 100 logged dives.
Mactan and Cebu: Padi Tec Trimix 65 Courses costs
- Padi Tec Trimix 65 Courses
- Max depth during the course: 65 meters
- Number of dives: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Duration: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- The price of the course includes the scuba diving gears like all our PADI certification courses
- Price: Price might not be applicable, please contact us.
All our Padi Tec Trimix 65 Courses prices are V.A.T. inclusive
Why do you need to take the PADI tec trimix 65 course?
Because you are already a Tec Diver, you might want to go deeper than 50 or 55 meters in a safe way.
Going deeper on air is not safe and you know it!
Nowadays, Trimix diving is the best and safest way to dive deep, deeper and allow us to stay longer to explore the underwater wonders.
The PADI Tec 65 Trimix course will teach you the proper choice of blending of helium, oxygen, and nitrogen for you to achieve a safer deep dive going down to 65 meters (210 feet) without the nitrogen side effects.
During the PADI tec trimix 65 course, you will learn:
Because you will learn to use a trimix gas, which is new for you, the Tec Trimix 65 course will include:
- Constructive planning of your trimix diving depth ranges.
- Handling more than 2 decompression cylinders and proper gas switches.
- Emergency procedures and awareness.
- Exposure effects.
- Different models of decompression.
- How to use a multiple gas diving computer.
- How to plan a trimix dive with a software on Desktop, Tablet or Smartphone.
But is not limited to the list above.
When can you start to learn the PADI Tec Trimix 65?
You can start whenever you want!
You can contact us online with the form below. Then we will help you to start when you whish.
Contact us Now!
You may want to download or print the medical statement to accelerate the inscription process, instead of doing it at our dive shop.
The scuba diving gear in the PADI Tec Trimix 65 course includes:
SMB, cutting tool, diving spool, Jet fins, mask and another spare mask, technical diving equipments, hogarthian harness, exposure suit with side pockets, BCD doughnut, back plate, twin tank, 2 first stage regulator, 2 second stage regulator, 1 long hose (2.10m - 7ft) and as many regulators as needed for the deco tanks.
You can always contact us (below) for more informations.
Want to take your diving experience further?
If you want some diving classes alternative and lessons or want to know what's best next for your education, take a look at the three options below.