About Scotty's Action Sports Network (SASN) photos' copyrights, and rights to use.
Scotty's Action Sports Network (also known as SASN) want to thanks all its friends and photographers (pro and amateurs) for the use of their photographs and videos.
You may not have the rights to use or take the pictures from/on this website without the express and written agreement of one of the professional or amateur photographers owning, with all their rights, the pictures wich are displayed on this website www.divescotty.com (don't be shy; send them an email, they are very nice and won't bite if you ask for a picture).
Thus, this is one of the few reasons hotlink from our website are not permitted (a Hotlink is an image insertion in your website directly from our website). What's a hotlink?
Our lovely friends photographers are listed below by family name in alphabetical order.
Photographer: Gérard Castiel.
A french "barroudeur" living in Hong Kong (China) for the last 30 years, Gérard Castiel is the kind of guy who always woke up at 4 in the morning!
Sunrise is the most beautiful thing to look at, well... after the girls though
- Gérard Castiel facebook.
- Gérard Castiel Google+.
Gérard Castiel website and social medias.
You can follow Gérard Castiel or see his photo gallery on his blog and social medias.
Underwater photographer: Paul Cowell.
Paul Cowell, a British living in Singapore for many years now, Paul travel all across the world to catch stunning and truly unique photographs... Time to times.
- Paul Cowell website.
- Paul Cowell facebook.
- Paul Cowell Blog.
- Paul Cowell instagram.
Paul Cowell website and social medias.
You can follow Paul Cowell on his website, blog and social medias and discover a lot of absolutely stunning pictures!
Underwater photographer and motion pictures: Alex Hoksbergen.
Living in the Philippines for now +15 years, this French guy is retired and spend almost all his days... underwater, some people are saying that his brain has never decompressed, so some people are saying: that's why...
- Alex Hoksbergen Instagram.
- Alex Hoksbergen facebook.
- Alex Hoksbergen Google+.
Alex Hoksbergen website and social medias.
You can follow Alex Hoksbergen on his website and social medias, you will always find him underwater or on facebook.
Underwater photographer and videos: Patrice Laborda.
Living in the Philippines for now 10 years, this little French guy is an underwater digital photography instructor, he is also a technical cave diver, so no need to say that its conversation is very limited...
- Patrice Laborda blog.
- Patrice Laborda facebook.
- Patrice Laborda twitter.
- Patrice Laborda 500 pixels.
- Award: The Best of the Best Photos of the Year 2016.
Patrice Laborda website and social medias.
You can follow Patrice Laborda on his website and social medias, he's not often connected though.
Underwater photographer: Bo Mancao.
Bo Mancao is a Filipino scuba diver and for sure he is born with a DSLR in the hands, because you cannot do what he does, if you are not a "natural born" photographer, which is extremely rare on the planet... Mars.
- Bo Mancao website.
- Bo Mancao facebook.
- Bo Mancao FlickR.
- Bo Mancao instagram.
Bo Mancao website and social medias.
You can follow Bo Mancao on his website and social medias, to discover a whole new world of photos.
Underwater photographer: Theodore Mockrish.
Theodore Mockrish is a USA scuba diver, living in the Philippines and for sure he is born with a Ph.D about lights in his brain, although some are saying a Ph.D about shadows only... Because when he brings his camera underwater, nothing else exist, not even his buddies.
- Theodore Mockrish facebook.
Theodore Mockrish website and social medias.
You can follow Theodore Mockrish on his website and social medias, and enjoy a lot of beautiful pictures.
Free tools and websites even for a commercial use.
We are working with free and open source softwares exclusively, which are copyrighted under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.0 and later, the MIT license, the Apache License, TDF / Mozilla License, or the software license itself depending the application (like GIMP Image Manipulation Program).
For us it means free as freedom as we can change, adapt or just check the source code.
For you, our website's visitors and our guests, it means privacy and security.
- We work on the GNU/Linux OS Ubuntu-MATE (LTS) distribution. Ubuntu License | GNU/Linux License GNU General Public License v2 (or later).
- GIMP Images Manipulation Program. GIMP License.
- RAW photos processing with Darktable. Darktable License GNU General Public License V3 or later.
- Video editing with Shotcut. Shotcut Licenses GNU General Public License V2 or later / LGPL / BSD and MIT.
- Video compositing and VFX with Natron. Natron Licenses GNU General Public License V2.
- Video editing with Kdenlive. Kdenlive License GNU General Public License V2 or later.
- 3D and Video animation with Blender. Blender License GNU General Public License.
- Sound editing with Audacity. Audacity License GNU General Public License V2 or later.
- Website developped with Atom. Atom License | MIT Licensed.
- Secure files transfert with FileZilla. Filezilla License.
- HTTPSecure Encryption by Let's Encrypt. Let's Encrypt License.
- Apache Server on our local network as well as online. Apache License.
- PHP server-side scripting language. PHP License.
- Database MySQL. MySQL License | General Public License - GPL.
- Evolution email client. Evolution/Gnome License.
- LibreOffice Documents / Spreadsheet / Presentation. LibreOffice / Mozilla License.
- Wikipedia.org | wikicommon.
- everypixel.com free photos.
- everypixel.com free photos watersports.
- all free download.com free photos.
- good free photos.com.
- Max Pixel.
Free Libre and Open Source Softwares we use
Below are listed the main applications we are using at divescotty.com and theirs licenses.
Free stock photos and free websites.
Some very specific images came from few free stock photography websites that we are extremely pleased to name below with a direct link.