Technical Diving: The PADI Tec 40 course is the first step into technical diving.
The PADI Tec 40 course is the transition from recreational diving to technical diving. With the Tec 40 course, you will build up your knowledge and skills to become a technical diver.
You will learn to dive with twin tank (double cylinders), a back plate with a Hogarthian harness and a donut BCD as well as the complete technical scuba gear (2 first stages, 2-second stages).
By taking our PADI Tec 40 course, you will make your first step into the world of technical diving.
For this diving course, you must be:
- An advanced open water diver or any equivalent diving certification.
- A nitrox diver with at least 10 dives using nitrox deeper than 18 meters (60 feet).
- A certified Deep Diver or any equivalent diver certification or a proof that you have at least 10 dives at 30 meters (100 feet).
- Be certfied as a rescue diver or any equivalent diving certification level.
Where to learn the PADI Tec 40?
Our technical diving facilities are based in Mactan (Cebu region), because the international airport is within 20 mn from our headquarters in Mactan which is fully equiped with the latest technical diving technology.
But the most important is that, around Mactan island, we have the best diving spots to teach tec diving up to 100 - 120 meters (330 - 400 feet) of depth just in front of our headquarters, as well as having the best fun tec dive's sites all around.
Mactan and Cebu: Padi Tec 40 Courses costs
- Padi Tec 40 Courses
- Max depth during the course: 40 meters
- Number of dives: 4 dives
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: 28 000 PHP
- The price of the course includes the diving PADI certification and the scuba diving gears
All our Padi Tec 40 Courses prices are V.A.T. inclusive
For more details, do not hesitate to contact us now using the form below. Or if you wish, you can call us (scroll to the bottom) directly if you are using a smartphone (tap on the phone icon).
Contact us Now!
Why do you need to take the PADI Tec 40 course?
Technical diving is all about redundancy, safety, and much more. This will allow you to go deeper and stay longer underwater.
You will use a set of twin tanks (double cylinders) on your back, with a manifold between the two tanks (cylinders) to cut the link (in case of a leak on one side) and two first stages (one on each valve).
Once you will learn to dive with a setup of twin tanks (double cylinders), you won't go back to recreational diving!
Why? Because underwater it's a lot more comfortable than having a single tank but most important, you have twice the amount of gas to breath!
Even more important, imagine you got a sudden big leak on one valve (or the first stage) in a regular single tank setup (one cylinder)... Will you shut down the unique valve on your tank, the single valve which allows you to breathe underwater?
In technical diving you can close down one valve and continue to breathe from the other one, with the amount of gas of 2 tanks due to the manifold link, and you can even isolate the two tanks completely by closing the manifold... What peace of mind!
During the PADI Tec 40 course, you will learn:
During the class, you will learn safety drills, make four dives in open water as well as one dive in confined waters.
- How to dive with a twin tank (double cylinders).
- Setting up the technical diving gear and equipments.
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures (like manifold shut down, valve shut down...).
- Backward, foreward and helicopter fins techniques.
- Planning a limited decompression dive and dive your plan.
When can you start to learn the PADI Tec 40?
Whenever you want!
If you are interested in the PADI tec 40 course.
You can directly walk in our dive center if you need to talk directly to us about this course.
For more details, do not hesitate to contact us now using the form below. Or if you wish, you can call us (scroll to the bottom) directly if you are using a smartphone (tap on the phone icon) on our website.
Contact us Now!
You may want to download or print the medical statement to accelerate the inscription process instead of refilling it in our dive shop.
The scuba diving gear in the PADI Tec 40 course includes:
Exposure suit with side pockets, BCD doughnut, back plate, hogarthian harness, twin tank (2 cylinders), technical diving equipments, 2 first stage regulators, 2 second stage regulators, 1 long hose (2.10m - 7ft), Jet fins, mask and another spare mask.
If you are also interested with sidemount diving you can take this course with a sidemount gear.
Want to take your diving experience further?
If you want some diving classes alternative and lessons or want to know what's best next for your education, take a look at the three options below.
- The next step is to accelerate your decompression stops with the PADI tec 45 course.
- Learn how to use 2 different deco gases and become a tec deep diver with the PADI tec 50 course.
- Air is a very limited gas for diving, go beyond by taking the PADI tec trimix 65 course.
You might also be interested in these scuba diving course from another diving agency:
SSI xr foundation courses.