Technical Diving: The PADI Tec 50 course to become a technical deep diver.
With the PADI Tec 50 course you will learn to accelerate your extended decompression stops using two different gases in your two sling tanks (cylinders). During this course, you will become a full Tec Deep diver as you will learn the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 meters (165 feet) of depth during this class.
As a certified Tec 50 diver, you will be recognized with a high level of skills and knowledge.
The PADI Tec 50 certification will open you the path to dive deeper, everywhere in the world, as a Tec Deep diver.
The course length is around four days, with four dives (count an average of 1h30mn per dive). This course also includes the technical diving gears in the price.
If you are not a Tec 45 diver or equivalent, you need to fulfill the below prerquirements:
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives.
- Be a certified nitrox diver with at least 20 dives on Enriched Air Nitrox deeper than 18 meters (60 feet).
- Be a rescue diver or any equivalent certification.
- Be a Deep Diver or equivalent with at least 15 logged dives deeper than 30 meters (100 feet).
Where to learn the PADI Tec 50?
All our Tec diving lessons (open circuit or closed circuit rebreather) and technical scuba diving classes are given at our Scotty's dive center headquarters facility, located in the Shangri-la hotel in Mactan, Cebu province.
If you are not a guest of the Shangri-la hotel, you can always walk in, or we can pick you up at your hotel.
Mactan and Cebu: Padi Tec 50 Courses costs
- Padi Tec 50 Courses
- Max depth during the course: 50 meters
- Number of dives: 4 dives
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: 28 000 PHP
- The price of the course includes the diving PADI certification and the scuba diving gears
All our Padi Tec 50 Courses prices are V.A.T. inclusive
Why do you need to learn the PADI Tec 50?
Because the PADI Tec 50 certification will open new doors for deeper dives, this certification is also mandatory to continue your education to the trimix level.
You will learn to dive with extented deco stops using 2 differents accelerated decompression gases such as a 50% nitrox and O2 (100% oxygen).
By having two different gases as a deco gas, you will learn how to stay at the best PPO2 during your decompressions stops.
You will also learn how to finish safely your decompression stops if you lose one or more deco gas.
During the PADI Tec 50 course, you will learn:
The primary focus, of these diving lessons, is to learn how to handle long planned dives, as well as thinking like a Tec diver in any conditions and emergency situations, especially when you cannot exit directly at the surface due to long decompression stops.
- Physics and physiology in deep technical diving.
- Planning a long decompression dive and make your own dive tables.
- Equipment considerations.
- Common blending gases and standard deco gases.
- Handling diving emergencies like the lost of a deco gas or re-schedule your deco on the fly.
When can you start to learn the PADI Tec 50?
When you want!
You can come in our Scotty's dive shop in Mactan, Cebu region, or call us on our landline (scroll down), or email us by clicking the button below to fill up the online form.
Contact us Now!
You may also want to download or print the medical statement to accelerate the inscription process instead of refilling it in our dive shop.
The scuba diving gear in the PADI Tec 50 course includes:
The usual technical diving equipments: Hogarthian harness, exposure suit with side pockets, cutting tool, diving spool, BCD doughnut, back plate, SMB, twin tank (2 cylinders) as back gas, 2 sling tanks (2 sided cylinders) as deco tanks, 4 first stage regulators, 4 second stage regulators, 1 long hose (2.10m - 7ft), Jet fins, mask and another spare mask.
You can also choose to do it with a sidemount gear instead of the traditional backmount twin tank.
Want to take your diving experience further?
If you want some diving classes alternative and lessons or want to know what's best next for your education, take a look at the three options below.
- Go beyond the air and dive deeper with the PADI Tec Trimix 65 course.
- Become a master of the depth with the PADI Tec Trimix diver course.
- Prepare yourself for cave diving with the PADI Tec Sidemount diving course.
You might also be interested in this scuba diving course from another scuba diving agency:
SSI technical XR diving course.