Technical Diving: The PADI Tec Sidemount Diving course is to learn sidemount diving.
Often diving with one tank is not enought, thus Technical Diving has fulfill this gap. But Tec Divers are often diving with the tanks on their back, which often hurt the back. With the Tec Sidemount diving course you will never carry your tank on your back, you just seat clip them on your side then jump in the water.
Another advantage of the Tec Sidemount is that you are a lot more streamlined underwater, thus the current has less effect on you than the other divers.
The last but not the least, is in an overhead environment, like a cave or inside a wreck, you will be able to pass thrue holes and cracks where other tec divers will have the need to remove their backgas and put it in front of them to pass the same cracks and holes.
This course can also be your entry to the Tec diving world or be part of any Tec 40, Tec 45, Tec 50 scuba courses.
Where to learn the PADI tec sidemount course?
All our Tec diving lessons (open circuit or closed circuit rebreather) and technical scuba diving classes are given at our Scotty's dive center headquarters facility, located in the Shangri-la hotel in Mactan, Cebu province.
If you are not a guest of the Shangri-la hotel, you can always walk in, or we can pick you up at your hotel.
Mactan and Cebu: Padi Tec Sidemount Diving Course costs
- Padi Tec Sidemount Diving Course
- Max depth during the course: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Number of dives: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Duration: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- The price of the course includes the scuba diving gears like all our PADI certification courses
- Price: Price might not be applicable, please contact us.
All our Padi Tec Sidemount Diving Course prices are V.A.T. inclusive
Why do you need to take the PADI Tec Sidemount Diving course?
No more pain in your back, better streamline against the current, are just few of the so many reasons why you should take the Tec Sidemount Diving course.
If you like to dive in caves or explore wreks, the PADI Tec Sidemount course is for you without a doubt, as you will be able to pass easily thru holes and craks than any other back mounted divers.
The PADI Tec Sidemount course will teach you the proper sidemount configuration as well as a proper enter in the open-circuit technical diving.
You will get familiar very quickly with the equipments and its proper configuration as you learn to adjust the sling tanks on your side or adjust the harness for a comfortable dive.
Diving sidemount has so many advantages, and you will discover them with the PADI tec sidemount course.
If you already are a certified Tec Diver: the lengh of this course can drop to 2 days only.
Be part of the tec divers utilizing the multiple advantages of the sidemount rigs.
During the PADI Tec Sidemount diving course, you will learn:
During the PADI Tec Sidemount you will have 1 confined water session and 4 open water dives with a Tec Sidemount harness.
You will also learn how to handle multiple tanks (cylinders), at least 4 and may be up to 6 tanks, sidemounted on the harness.
- Learn the advantages of the sidemount configuration.
- Skills and techniques utilized in handling multiple sidemount cylinders.
- Planning and assigning the needed amount of tanks (cylinders) for your dive.
- S-Drill and specific skills to sidemount.
When can you start to learn the PADI tec sidemount diving?
You can come in our dive shop and start your Tec Sidemount course, or you may now reach us for your PADI Tec Sidemount Diving course, sending us the form below.
Contact us Now!
You can also start to download or print the medical statement to accelerate your subsciption process, instead of refilling it in our dive shop.
The scuba diving gear in the PADI tec sidemount diving course includes:
Mask and another spare mask, exposure suit with side pockets, BCD/harnees for sidemount diving, SMB, cutting tool, diving spool, Jet fins, usual technical diving equipments, 1 long hose (2.10m - 7ft), 4 tanks (4 cylinders), 4 first stage regulators, 4 second stage regulators.
Want to take your diving experience further?
If you want some diving classes alternative and lessons or want to know what's best next for your education, take a look at the three options below.
- Learn to dive in silent without bubbles with the PADI tec 40 CCR rebreather course.
- Helium become cheap on a rebreather, go trimix with the PADI tec 60 CCR rebreather course.
- The best gas management for the best deep dives with the PADI tec 100 CCR rebreather course.