Cervera shoal dive site is also known as the Snake Island.
The Cervera shoal dive site in Bohol is also known as the Snake Island or the Spaghetti Reef due to the great amount of sea snakes that are living around.
Cervera shoal is at 11 kilometers (6 nautical miles) heading to the 128° from the BE grand resort hotel of Panglao.
The Snakes Island got its name from the enormous population of sea snakes at the south on a steep slope and on a 300 meters (1000 feet) wide sandbar of the island.
Because Cervera shoal has strong currents at the surface (getting mellow as you dive deeper), the shoal is also a good drift dive site for the certified drift divers.
This diving site used to suffer from dynamite fishing but nowadays, due to the divers going to Cervera shoal to enjoy a drift dive or to photograph the snakes, the reef is getting better.
Diving at the Cervera shoal dive site.
The Cervera shoal is usually the second dive after diving at the Pamilacan island.
There are many black and white banded sea snakes, a lot of white-eyed moray eels and starry moray eels.
Macro photography is recommended for capturing numerous species of colorful nudibranchs and the usual tropical biodiversity of the small reef fishes shoaling around.
The sea bed and the wall are also home of some coral species and sponges (particularly the bucket sponges).
Our thoughts about the Cervera Shoal dive site.
The Cervera Shoal dive site is quite an unusual dive site around Bohol, as it can be surprisingly great depending on the tide and the weather.
You will, for sure, spot many sea snakes, and you might also see some sharks and dolphins.
In all case, it will be a good drift dive along a beautiful sloped wall.
Scuba Diving Cervera Shoal Snake Island Rates
For Bohol, Panglao Island:
Prices include our regular scheduled diving boats.
On our scuba-diving boats, you should always find:
- O2 tank (oxygen cylinder) and equipments plus a first aid kit
- We always carry a spare dive equipment and a diving gear toolbox
- We do have a communication device in case of emergency
- Towels and dinking water are included
- Total Duration: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Boat Schedule: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Price per person: Price or Fare might not be applicable, please contact us.
Optional Boat Rental (for personal schedules)
- Exclusive Boat: Price or Fare might not be applicable, please contact us.