Cabilao island is one of the best diving site between Cebu and Bohol.
Cabilao island is at 54 kilometers (29 nautical miles), heading to the 212 on the compass, from the Scotty's Headquarters in Shangri-la Mactan, which can be done with our boats in less than one hour and 30 minutes.
Cabilao island is also at only 30 kilometers (16.5 nautical miles), heading to the 6 on the compass, from our dive center in the Bellevue hotel on Panglao island, which make the Cabilao island and its dive sites at less than 45 minutes from Panglao island (Bohol province). Cabilao island has one of the best diving spots in the Philippines that you need to dive.
There is many different dive sites in Cabilao, in all case, wherever you dive on top of the wall or along the wall itself, you will see many differents species of soft and hard colored tropical corals with many fishes shoaling around the different reefs.
Cabilao has a beautiful marine sanctuary, where you will see a lot of seahorses, stargazers, stone fish and devil fishes, porcelain crabs, pipefishes and many more.
Cabilao island is certainly one of the best place to dive, with many diving sites around the island, between Bohol and Cebu.
Going to Cabilao island is a full day diving trip, with three dives around the island and going back to Mactan or Panglao (depending your hotel location) before 17h00 (5PM).
Why do you need to dive around Cabilao island?
Very good visibility is not an option in Cabilao! Even when it's wavy, the visibility underwater can reach the 25 meters (85 feet) mark, especially at the house reef diving spot.
The biodiversity of Cabilao is a must to see, specially for photographers.
All level of scuba divers can enjoy diving in Cabilao, the top of the wall is between 12 and 18 meters (40 and 60 feet) and is absolutely gorgeous with so many species of colorful fishes shoaling around numerous kind of soft and hard corals.
Big gorgonians and many kind of sponges are living along the wall which can go down between 40 and 45 meters (130 and 150 feet) near the light house.
If you are a technical diver, there is a cave at 60 meters (200 feet) which has not yet been fully explored (at Scotty's headquarters, we are on it to map it completly and put a definitive and safe guide line).
The prices for this day diving safari are unbelievable cheap!
- 3 dives in Cabilao island.
- Duration: all the day.
- Given the distance by boat we ask for a minimum of persons.
- O2 tank (oxygen cylinder) and equipments plus a first aid kit.
- We always carry a spare dive equipment and a diving gear toolbox.
- We do have a communication device in case of emergency.
- Towels and fresh dinking water are included.
- Price: 8,600 PHP per person*.
If you want to eat, a world wide class french cuisine and filipino food at noon, our partner and friend has the best restaurant on the island just in front of the white beach and the dive sanctuary.
* The SCUBA diving gear or rental equipment is not inclusive.
What will you see while diving in Cabilao.
Cabilao is known for its hammerhead sharks in the north part of the island.
But overall there is many dive sites in Cabilao, so to do it short, you will be able to see:
- Some reef shark (white tips and black tips sharks).
- Schools of jacks (yes the word school is plurial as there is many different schools of jacks all around).
- Schools of barracudas.
- seahorses and nudibranchs.
- Scorpionfish and all its derivative species as the stonefishes.
- Gost pipefish, frogfish, leaf fish.
- Turtles, sea snakes and rock lobsters.
- Many different reef fishes shoaling around the hard and soft corals.
And so many more to see.