Cabilao island is one of the best diving sites between Cebu and Bohol.
Cabilao island is at 54 kilometers (29 nautical miles), heading to the 212 on the compass, from the Scotty's Headquarters in Shangri-la Mactan, which can be accessed with our boats in less than one hour and 30 minutes.
Cabilao island is only 30 kilometers (16.5 nautical miles) away, heading to the 6 on the compass, from our dive center in the Bellevue hotel on Panglao island, which makes the Cabilao island and its dive sites less than 45 minutes from Panglao island (Bohol province). Cabilao island has one of the best diving spots in the Philippines that you need to dive.
There are many different dive sites in Cabilao. In all case, wherever you dive, on top of the wall or along the wall itself, you will see many different species of soft and hard colored tropical corals with many fishes shoaling around the different reefs.
Cabilao has a beautiful marine sanctuary where you will see a lot of seahorses, stargazers, stone fishes and devil fishes, porcelain crabs, pipefishes and many more.
Cabilao island is certainly one of the best places to dive in as it has many diving sites around the island, between Bohol and Cebu.
Going to Cabilao island is a full day diving trip with three dives around the island and going back to Mactan or Panglao (depending on your hotel location) before 17h00 (5PM).
Why do you need to dive around Cabilao island?
Very good visibility is certain in Cabilao! Even when it's wavy, the visibility underwater can reach the 25 meters (85 feet) mark, especially at the house reef diving spot.
The biodiversity of Cabilao is a must-see, specially for underwater photographers.
All levels of scuba divers can enjoy diving in Cabilao. The top of the wall is between 12 to 18 meters (40 to 60 feet) and is absolutely gorgeous with so many species of colorful fishes shoaling around numerous kinds of soft and hard corals.
Big gorgonians and many kinds of sponges are living along the wall which can go down between 40 and 45 meters (130 and 150 feet) near the light house.
If you are a technical diver, there is a cave at 60 meters (200 feet) which has not yet been fully explored (at Scotty's headquarters, we are on it to map the dive site completely and put a definitively safe guideline).
The prices for this day diving safari are unbelievably affordable!
- 3 dives in Cabilao island
- Duration: all the day
- Given the distance by boat, we ask for a minimum of 2 persons
- O2 tank (oxygen cylinder) and equipments plus a first aid kit
- We always carry a spare dive equipment and a diving gear toolbox
- We do have a communication device in case of emergency
- Towels and mineral dinking water are included
- Price per person: 10 640 PHP
Optional Boat Rental (for personal schedules)
- Exclusive Boat: Price or Fare is not set, please contact us.
All our Cabilao prices are V.A.T. inclusive
If you want to eat world-class French cuisine and Filipino food at noon, our partner and friend has the best restaurant on the island just infront of the white beach and the dive sanctuary.
What will you see while diving in Cabilao?
Cabilao is known for its hammerhead sharks in the north part of the island.
But overall there are many dive sites in Cabilao. In short, you will be able to see:
- Some reef shark (white tips and black tips sharks)
- Schools of jacks (yes the word school is plurial as there is many different schools of jacks all around)
- Schools of barracudas
- Seahorses and nudibranchs
- Scorpionfish and all its derivative species as the stonefishes
- Gost pipefish, frogfish, leaf fish
- Turtles, sea snakes and rock lobsters
- Many different reef fishes shoaling around the hard and soft corals
And so many more to see.