Diving at the gorgeous Tambuli airplane wreck dive site.
The Tambuli dive site is located at 1.6 kilometers (less than one nautical miles) heading to the 210° on the compass from our Scotty's Dive Center in Mactan (Cebu region).
Tambuli is well known for its plane wreck lying down at around 20 meters (65 feet) which was sunk as a dive attraction. It is now filled with great underwater biodiversity.
The airplane wreck is a little plane. To be more specific, it's a single seater with a twin engine sunken plane.
Tambuli, the dive site itself, is a sloped wall down to 35 meters where the top is made of a sandy sloped plateau with sea grass and seaweeds. Scattered coral formation is making the sloped plateau a comfortable diving zone for beginner divers.
Depending on the tides, a high current can run along this dive spot where some scuba divers can enjoy the drift.
Diving at the Tambuli dive site
Diving at Tambuli is not only for the airplane wreck; there are many things to see in this diving spot.
You can often see frogfishes hanging on the sea fans and soft coral. Many different kinds of beautiful coral formations are a must to see and are unique to Tambuli.
A huge school of sardines is always passing around in the shallows waters, as well as a school of jacks, snappers, groupers, and much more, are living in the area.
Tambuli is also a haven for macro photography as you will see many kinds of critters, like the pipefish, feathered starfish, mantis shrimps, and porcelain crabs.
The airplane wreck is covered with hard and soft corals where the tropical coral reef fishes are shoaling around. Sea fans and gorgonians are surrounding the airplane wreck of Tambuli.
Our thoughts about diving at the Tambuli airplane wreck.
At just a few minutes from our Scotty's Dive Center, and with our regular boat schedule (usually in the afternoon) to this dive site, Tambuli is a great diving site for all levels of divers.
A haven for photographers, especially the ones interested in macro photography; Tambuli is one of the best diving spots in Mactan (Cebu).
And if you love corals, Tambuli might have the best and the most diversified coral formations in the area.
As we always recommend, Tambuli is best to dive with a Nitrox mix, but the most important is to not forget your underwater camera as you will see a lot of marine biodiversities.
Scuba Diving Tambuli Plane Wreck Rates
For Cebu, Mactan:
Prices include our regular scheduled diving boats.
On our scuba-diving boats, you should always find:
- O2 tank (oxygen cylinder) and its kit plus a first aid kit
- We always carry a spare dive equipment and a diving gear toolbox
- We do have a communication device in case of emergency
- Towels and dinking water are included
- Total Duration: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Boat Schedule: The detail might not be applicable, please contact us.
- Price per person: Price or Fare might not be applicable, please contact us.
Optional Boat Rental (for personal schedules)
- Exclusive Boat: Price or Fare might not be applicable, please contact us.
Our yacht for rent The Rainbow Runner
- Maximum of 8 scuba divers, persons
- Yacht for rent, price (without the fuel): Price or Fare might not be applicable, please contact us.