Cuatro Islas is a group of four islands near Leyte
Cuatro Islas, meaning "four islands" in Spanish, lies 2 to 3 hours by boat from Shangri-la Mactan Island. It is 73 kilometers (40 nautical miles) from our Scotty's Dive Center Headquarters in Mactan, heading 74° on the compass.
The islands of Apid, Digyo, Himokilan, and Mahaba offer 12,500 hectares of protected areas and compose the Cuatro Islas.
For now, few tour packages visit Cuatro Islas. This helps keep the area in pristine condition, and reduces the crowds.
Snorkeling and Swimming at Cuatro Islas
Crystal clear water surrounding Cuatro Islas is great for snorkeling and swimming. You can see under the water while still inside your boat.
Use your waterproof camera to capture the coral reef, reef wall, sea turtles, squids, and reef fish. Digyo Island and Mahaba Island have sandbars to explore. Mahaba Island also has mangroves.
If you like to avoid crowds, be sure to go swimming at Mahaba Island.
Your Cuatro Islas Excursion
The crystal clear water around Cuatro Islas is perfect for underwater photography. Other activities to try include:
- birdwatching on Mahaba Island
- buying fresh fish on Apid Island
- buying souvenirs on Apid Island
- camping on Apid Island, Digyo Island or Himokilan Island
- finding rare, red shrimp on Mahaba Island
- hiking mountains on Himokilan Island
- learning local culture on Apid Island or Himokilan Island
- observing mat weaving on Apid Island
- photographing rock formations on Mahaba Island
- searching for tatus and alikway crabs on Mahaba Island
- sunbathing on the white sand beaches of Apid Island or Mahaba Island
- renting a cottage on Digyo Island
- spelunking on Himokilan Island
- watching dolphins
The fishermen of Cuatro Islas catch and grill fresh fish. For overnight stays, you can rent an open or closed cottage. You can also bring your own tent or hammock.
Cuatro Isla Island Tour Rates
Cuatro Islas Islands schedule and prices from Mactan, Cebu
- Schedule: N/A
- Duration: N/A hours
- Price per person: Price might not be applicable, please contact us.