Island Hopping Buruanga, near Boracay
Buruanga, Aklan province near Boracay, is Boracay before it became popular. Buruanga trades Boracay's crowds and nightlife for privacy and quiet. If you like isolated beaches, Buruanga is for you.
The landscape includes mountains, green hills, rivers, pristine forests, natural springs, rocky cliffs, and white sand beaches. The seascape includes mangroves and bluish-green water. Under the water you can see whale sharks, sea turtles, and highly-praised corals.
One must-see attraction is the 14-hectare Hacienda Maria. It features caves, waterfalls, and a whirlpool bath. You can jump from the cliff into 3-meter (10-feet) deep water. You can also learn how to make lambanog out of coconut.
Cliff Jumping at Buruanga
Rocky cliffs lie between the mountains and the sea. Jump from natural cliffs at many locations. Notable cliffs are at Ariel's Point and Hacienda Maria.
Look down from platforms as high as 15 meters (50 feet). Deep water makes diving from this height safe. Lifeguards are always present for safety.
Lower heights are available, of course. Ariel's Point also has platforms at 5 meters (15 feet) and 8 meters (25 feet).
Your Buruanga Snorkeling Excursion
Like at Boracay, there are many things to do at Buruanga:
- admiring plants, Northwest Panay Peninsula Natural Park
- birding (birdwatching), Black Rock
- catching butterflies, Malay Eco Park
- cliff jumping, Ariel's Point (Batason Point)
- dining, Ariel's Point (Batason Point)
- fishing, Pagatpat Mangroves
- island hopping
- kayaking, , Ariel's Point (Batason Point)
- meditating, Balay Pagduaw Ashram
- napping, Pagatpat Mangroves
- picnicing, Malay Eco Park
- picnicing, Pagatpat Mangroves
- relaxing, floating cabana
- relaxing, Malay Eco Park
- relaxing, Tigis Falls
- resting, Bakhawan Eco Park
- resting, Hinugtan White Beach
- sightseeing, Bakhawan Eco Park
- sightseeing, Ingus-Ingus Hill
- sightseeing, Malay Eco Park
- sightseeing, Sabang Cave
- singing karaoke, Pagatpat Mangrove Park
- sleeping, Malay Eco Park
- snorkeling, Ariel's Point (Batason Point)
- snorkeling, Hinugtan White Beach
- snorkeling, Tuburan Baybay
- spelunking, Sapsapon Cave
- sunbathing, Tuburan Baybay
- viewing animals, Malay Eco Park
- viewing animals, Northwest Panay Peninsula Natural Park
- visiting Saint Anthony of Padua Parish Church
- walking, Bakhawan Eco Park
- walking, Pagatpat Mangroves
Enjoy the sights and sounds from Sunset Plaza year-round. Another attraction is the cascading waterfalls of Jawili Falls. In May, experience the float parade, street dancing, fishing contest, cultural shows, and boat paddling race at the Panagat Festival.