Island Hopping Cervera Shoal
Cervera Shoal lies about 30 minutes by pump boat (outrigger canoe) from Panglao, Bohol. It is 11 kilometers (6 nautical miles) from the BE Grand Resort Hotel heading 128° on the compass.
Cervera Shoal is full of sea snakes. As a result, other names are Snake Island, Spaghetti Reef, and Spaghetti Shoal. The only actual land is a 300-meter (1000-foot) sandbar.
Few tourists visit Cervera Shoal. You can experience unique underwater views while snokeling without a crowd.
Underwater Photography at Cervera Shoal
Strong currents make Cervera Shoal suitable for drifting while snorkeling. Yet, the crystal clear water has high visibility.
Bring your underwater camera for the sea snakes. They are plentiful and varied.
But, sea snakes are not the only interesting subjects. The shoal has a rich biodiversity of aquatic animals, as well as a reef.
Your Cervera Shoal Excursion
Tour packages may include a visit to Cervera Shoal after a visit to Pamilacan Island. While the sea snakes are the primary draw of Snake Island, other aquatic life includes:
- anthia (saber-toothed ground beetle)
- black-banded sea krait (Chinese sea snake)
- blacktip reef shark
- damselfish (demoiselle)
- hard coral
- jackfish (jack, northern pike)
- Moorish idol
- moray (eel)
- nudibranch (sea slug)
- pelagic fish
- scorpionfish (scorpion fish, rockfish, stonefish)
- sea snake (coral reef snake)
- sea urchin
- soft coral
Still, Cervera Shoal is not called Snake Island for no reason!
Cervera Shoal Snake Island Tour Rates
Cervera Shoal Snake Island schedule and prices from Panglao, Bohol
- Schedule: The detail is not set, please contact us.
- Duration: The detail is not set, please contact us.
- Price per person: Price is not set, please contact us.